Did you know that thousands of homeowners in Nassau County are saving money on their property taxes each year by submitting a tax grievance? To be exact, 216,000 households are currently saving on their taxes (out of the 365,000 homes in the county.)
If you’re one of the homeowners who has never grieved (or hasn’t grieved in years), it might be because you have a ton of questions about the process and haven’t received answers. Or, another professional grievance company might have told you that they couldn’t get your taxes reduced. But we are here to assure you that the process to grieve your taxes is quick and painless – and savings are always a possibility!
So, when should you think about grieving?
It’s never too early to start thinking about it. In fact, it will take you less than five minutes to application closed to start the tax-grieving process. Once received, we will get you into our system so that we can start working away to prepare your official application with the town. No additional work is required on your end. Just leave it up to our team of country tax experts.
How does the timeline look?
In Nassau County, the Assessment Review Committee will begin accepting applications between January 2nd and March 1st of 2018. We will submit your application within this time frame. But you can apply any time during the year – because as soon as you send us the application, we will start working on it and have it prepared to be submitted at the beginning of the following January.
If you win a grievance, your tax reduction will become effective in the 2019-2020 tax year (which runs between December 1st through November 30th). You will be notified about your results prior to receiving your December tax bill.
Some quick assurances
If you’re still unsure about grieving your taxes, we want to assure you that only good can come out of it!
- There is strength in numbers. Tax experts are pushing homeowners to grieve their taxes annually so that taxes will in time be lowered across the board. If everyone grieves, only then will the tax inequality be resolved.
- There are absolutely no downsides to filing a grievance. If your property value goes down, so do your taxes – and you save money! (Some clients have saved as much as 35 percent!) Your taxes can’t go up by challenging them; at the very least, they would stay the same. So, there is no losing in grieving your taxes – only gaining!
- There are no upfront costs. You don’t pay a fee unless we save you money.
- As a non-profit organization, we keep overhead expenses low and charge less than other property tax grievance companies. (This means more money for you!)
- We donate a portion of our fee to local Nassau County-based charities in your community.
How to get started
Simply fill out our quick and easy application and let our team of county tax experts take it from there. If you have any questions for our team, please contact us at any time. Our experts are always on hand to answers questions!